Updating HE has broken all existing HDAs with curve inputs

1009   3   1
10 posts
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has any advice/experience with similar..

We have attempted to update our Houdini installs, and the Unreal Houdini Engine plugin, from 19.5.368 to 19.5.605 (latest production) for UE 4.27.
After updating, interacting with every existing HDA that has a curve input seems to reset it's input type to Geometry and breaks the curve entirely. Changing the input type to Curve creates a new curve instead, while the old curve lines are stuck forever.

We currently have hundreds of HDAs that rely on curve inputs throughout our project, so all this is a pretty terrifying notion.

I have replicated this below in the most basic form: a HDA created with HE 19.5.368 that accepts a curve and creates polywire geo, saving the scene, closing the engine, updating the plugin to 19.5.605, reopening and moving a curve point. I have also tried this in UE 5.2 with the same result.

Feels like a big regression bug but open to any ideas if anyone has overcome similar.

Cheers

Attachments:
HE_Curve_Regression_368.png (1.1 MB)
HE_Curve_Regression_605.png (1.3 MB)
HE_Curve_Regression.mp4 (7.1 MB)

Staff
7 posts
Hello,

Could you submit a bug report with an example HDA.

-Matt
10 posts
Hi Matt,

Thanks for replying.
I'm out of office until mid next week but I've organised for a colleague to put through a bug report and example.

Cheers
James
16 posts
Is this resolved? I have the same issue
  • Quick Links