Global Game Jam Contest 2018
Welcome to the Game Jam with Houdini Contest! Any Global Game Jam 2018 team that uses Houdini in some way to make their game jam game is eligible to enter the contest. Last year, SideFX held their first Houdini Contest which resulted in some excellent winning entries. We are excited to return in 2018 with a new contest. Read the instructions below on how to get a free indie license and how to enter on the Global Game Jam website.
Free Indie Licenses
SideFX returns as a Global Game Jam® Silver Sponsor and offers jammers a FREE 3-month Houdini Indie license to use before and during the game jam! To request a 3-month Houdini Indie license, just click on the Info button and follow the instructions. This Houdini Indie license offer will expire on Thursday, January 25th, 2018. If you'd like to use Houdini Indie for the GGJ, be sure to request your license as soon as possible so that you have the most time to learn and use Houdini before GGJ starts.
How to Enter
To enter the contest, just follow the simple steps below:
- Participate in Global Game Jam 2018 and use Houdini in some way to make your game. If you post on social media during the game jam, use the hashtag #GameJamWithHoudini to share your work.
- On your GGJ game page, select the “Houdini” tag in the “Tools and Technologies” category. This is how your game will be entered into the contest. If you don’t add the “Houdini” tag your game will be filtered out and will be unable to enter the contest.
- On your GGJ game page, upload at least one screenshot or video that shows something from your game (models, animations, effects, etc.) inside Houdini. Make sure the Houdini interface and your game asset are clearly visible.
- All of the GGJ games will be filtered by the “Houdini” tag, played and judged by game industry experts, and the top 3 winning teams will be chosen.
The following game industry experts will play all the game entries and select 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners.
- Amanda Bott - Community Manager for Unreal Engine
- Jess Hider - European Community Manager for Unreal Engine
- Joshua Kinney - Unity Master Trainer for the Americas
- Jérémie Noguer - Product Manager
- Thomas Winkley - Game Development Acquisitions Editor
The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winning teams will receive a variety of prizes from the following contest sponsors: