I have no idea how to do this...

8359   25   5
271 posts
Thanks

So, what I want is to be able to import or make any geometry and cover it in these cells.
I've attached my current attempt, where the surface I'm trying to cover in cells is a platonic tetrahedron. So I'll need to be able to attach all the cells to roughly their start positions.

Attachments:
arbitrary_surface_cells.zip (24.5 KB)

271 posts
Well, I sort of managed to do something…
I defined a group by using the geometry that was used to create the points (the tetrahedron in this case), and made those points fixed. However, because this resulted in a different amount of points being constrained on different cells, the results were a bit crap.

Attachments:
arbitrary_surface_v001.zip (24.3 KB)

1391 posts
If you just disable Gravity Force and use Platonic as static object with a little offset ,is so simpler than using constraint ,Also your cells fill Platonic shape perfectly 8)

Attachments:
JK_arbitrary_surface_cells.hipnc (196.9 KB)

https://www.youtube.com/c/sadjadrabiee [www.youtube.com]
Rabiee.Sadjad@Gmail.Com
271 posts
Very nice Joker, thank you!
I may not want the surface to be completely flat, so I could try adding some noise to the tetrahedron.

One thing that bothered me is the way that we had to do the cells expanding (by using an expanded version for rest geometry). Is there any way to get the dynamics engine to take account of an animated radius? It seems like this should be possible.
271 posts
I was just wondering if there was any way of doing this without using an ‘outer container’ geometry that all the cells squeeze up against.

What I'd really like to do is to copy the cells onto points and then get the cells to try and stay on those points as much as possible. Is there some way to force each cell towards its original copy location?
2 posts
Still , Not clear. How to make the foam , reference given above ?
  • Quick Links