Network Editor and Dots - Houdini 16

2104   2   0
177 posts
I'm trying to figure out how to ‘swipe’ across multiple wires with a alt+left-mouse-button click and create a dot that will ‘gather’ all the wires I move across. It's not working for me.

All it does for me is create a single dot, then I try to drag it over the other wires to ‘gather’ them together, but it just passes over them and does't ‘grab’ onto them or ‘gather’ them.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Jim
Reel Inpsirations
Houdini Work in Progress [vimeo.com]
Staff
107 posts
reelinspirations
I'm trying to figure out how to ‘swipe’ across multiple wires with a alt+left-mouse-button click and create a dot that will ‘gather’ all the wires I move across. It's not working for me.

All it does for me is create a single dot, then I try to drag it over the other wires to ‘gather’ them together, but it just passes over them and does't ‘grab’ onto them or ‘gather’ them.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Jim

Only wires that share an input can be ‘bundled’ together in the manner you describe. So, a single “Box” node being fed into multiple “transform” nodes, could have the wires bundled together. However, five “box' nodes going into a single ”merge" node could not have the wires bundled together.

Bundling multiple wires with different inputs and outputs into single wires caused much confusion and was difficult to understand visually.
—————-
Scott Keating
Product Designer
SideFX Software
—————-
177 posts
Well, there you go. That's WHY it wasn't working.
Thanks for clarifying that!
Reel Inpsirations
Houdini Work in Progress [vimeo.com]
  • Quick Links