Re-simulating a timeline without having to scrub it by hand?

341   2   0
7 posts
Let's say I have an animation + some dynamics and I'm on frame 150 and the timeline/playbar is blue/simulated. I'm mainly treating the animation as a way to "get to a result" rather than have it animated, so I'm only interested in that specific frame.

Now say that I've changed some parameter that invalidates the simulation and the timeline turns orange.

Is there some button/hotkey I can press to re-simulate everything while staying on the current frame? What I've been doing until now is just scrub the timeline back and forth, but this sometimes causes unnecessary lag, especially if I have the renderer view open. It'd be nice if I could just tell Houdini "update everything up to this frame".
Edited by darth - April 16, 2024 10:52:30
2544 posts
What I do is rewind, then type the exact frame number I want to land on. This will simulate up to the frame, leaving you a blue bar. By typing the frame number, Houdini simulates a little faster. It doesn't update the viewport until it reaches the landing frame. This is faster than just playing the timeline to reach your landing frame.
Edited by Enivob - April 16, 2024 11:42:42
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
8594 posts
you can Shift+LMB on the brain icon and that will resimulate out of date dopnets in the cook path
Edited by tamte - April 16, 2024 13:02:26
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
  • Quick Links