Search - User list
Full Version: Day 26 | SideFX Labs | Edge Damage | Image
Root » Mardini 2024 » Day 26 | SideFX Labs | Edge Damage | Image
rmagee
Day 26 is the SideFX Labs Edge Damage node:

Here is a scene file [media.sidefx.com] with some examples from the video.
gramofon
d26
leviathanbadger
Day 26
Promenade10Q
e
wendimautsala
Amazing node, I was looking to combine with LookDev layout, but still need a bit investigation.

Made with Greyscalegorilla+
johancc
Day 26 - Edge Damage. For this one combined VDB's with edge damage. All done in Houdini and rendered with Karma XPU.
Onguu
Day 26 - Labs Edge Damage
~ Paper Hike ~
JanHebein

The node is nice to break up edges and to make them more round and less unnatural. It is also very useful to mix different masks for shading. I used the edge damage mask combined with a noise for shading the rock.

#karmaXPU
Requson
AM 26 Edge Damage
SBJah3D
Hidden gold
finishet
Day26 - Labs Edge Damage

ciaoZ
Day26. The edge damaged troop wins!
The chess stone models are from Substance source. The basic materials are from greyscalegorilla. Made with Greyscalegorilla+
thimer
Day 26
heytensleon
Andreas_M4
vanity_ibex
Day 26 - Edge Damage
Pablopaulo
Day 25 Edge Damage Sop
popitz
Day 26 : LABS Edge Damage -- This is not the first time I play with this node. It can be useful for quick result but i find it expensive and long to compute for what it gives. Sometimes I prefer just doing a For Each loop with a home made VDB Edge Damage tool.
nicolas.dalmer
Day 26 - LABS Edge Damage

Made with Greyscalegorilla+
oliviacefai
Today has been a deep exploration! I started with a safe idea but after 1 hour I told myself that Mardini is here for us to push our capabilities so I took the risk to explore something more original: I wanted to see if I could recreate a model and an image in the Orb-style sculpting that was popular a few years ago among my fellow zbrush sculptors. We use to create edge damage manually.

Once happy with my procedural crystal modeling, I dived into a semi-NPR rendering by creating complex shaders that use curvature, convexity and concavity (just like the edge damage node). Funny enough, I used the "Unreal" tonemap parameters in XPU render settings to further enhance the "gaming look".

Finally as I am missing my glow effect from Redshift, I implemented the old-school compositor technique to add a bit of glow in COPs!

PS: I did not manage to find how to emit (global illumination) light from geometry. That will be for another day.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.