Search - User list
Full Version: MegaScans Mod for 20.0
Root » 3rd Party » MegaScans Mod for 20.0
MakoPolo
I recently got annoyed again that megascans have not updated the plugin for Houdini 20.0 so I went through the plugin scripts and added some more things to the previous mod I've made.

This is mostly for Karma Mtlx and RS_USD as I don't have the other renderers to debug.
So I recommend that people who use renderers other than Karma and RS not download this as I don't know if it will bug out.
The features that I've either added or changed are:
  • Added redshift standard shader instead of the old shader
  • changed the quixel triplaner to redshift triplaner
  • linked all the texture node's UV transform settings to albedo so that you only need to change one nodes parms
  • set defaults to all redshift texture nodes so that its importing in the right colorspace eg. sRGB or Raw
  • added openGL settings for redshift shader so that the texture appears in the viewport. Displacement in the viewport is also added but its defaulted togged off.
  • Same as my last mod when USD is check it will use the new component builder for any variant
  • Added Redshift_USD
  • Added support for atlas splitter in Solaris
  • Added Mtlx Karma instead of the principle shader that was defaulted in the old plugin
  • the Redshift_USD shader also has USDpreviewShader inbuilt so that you can see the textures in the HoudiniGL viewport

You will need to replace some files as explained in the GitHub repository [github.com] .

Cheers
djdoogle123
In your GitHub is it possible to get your aov renders passes hda working for redshift too?

Regards
kortasaion
There's another megascans to USD converter by: https://github.com/AgastyaPatel/USD_Megascan_Importer [github.com]
It it possible to add support for pure MtlX Builder? And also creation of an asset for layout asset gallery?
paula947
Does this plugin work on a mac as well.

Paula Goldstein
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.