Switching 50 objects and rendering each as animated GIF...

853   3   0
4 posts
Hello,
I have around 50 objects (will be more), and I need to batch render 47 frames of each object by openGl in ROP, and I need Houdini to switch to another object once 47 frames for the previous object are done etc etc. All the frames should have unique names, so the Image Magic can batch create 50 animated GIFs.

FFmpeg did not work for me, so I used Image Magic instead. The only problem is that I don't know how to set up switching to new object every time openGl renders 47 frames and Image Magic creates an animated GIF.

My basic setup is on the attached picture. There are some "index" issues, and I have no idea how to get rid of them, but it does generate animated GIFs for one object. And that is the problem, I can't do it one by one by hand.

I know that 1 - 2 wedges would do it, I just don't know how to put it together.
Any help greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments:
Untitled-1.jpg (371.3 KB)

276 posts
I don't know what your inputs are for your scene, but you can do it this way.
Edited by alexwheezy - 2024年1月22日 02:15:37

Attachments:
switch_objects.hipnc (673.3 KB)

4 posts
Oh yeah. Forgot to describe my inputs. OBJ files, loaded as a sequence, so I can "scroll" through them. But there is a conflict with the time line / frames obviously.

The file you just posted is actually awesome, because it shows me what I needed to know, and I am super grateful for that!
My only question is what serves the null node connected to the camera for? I have seen in many scenes, but never really understood the concept.

HUUUUUGE thanks Alex!
276 posts
bobsen
Oh yeah. Forgot to describe my inputs. OBJ files, loaded as a sequence, so I can "scroll" through them. But there is a conflict with the time line / frames obviously.

The file you just posted is actually awesome, because it shows me what I needed to know, and I am super grateful for that!
My only question is what serves the null node connected to the camera for? I have seen in many scenes, but never really understood the concept.

HUUUUUGE thanks Alex!
By creating a hierarchy of nulls we can at each stage independently manage the transforms of the camera without overwriting previous transforms. In this example it is convenient to make the camera look at one point and rotate the nulls.
Edited by alexwheezy - 2024年1月23日 03:58:33
  • Quick Links