FbxCharacterOutput giving me bad bones, no initial pose

730   1   1
2 posts
Hello,

Trying to get back into Houdini again to use for some quick and dirty realtime destruction sims. So far I've successfully destroyed stuff, rigged it and exported it, imported into the engine and played the animation(with issues).

The problem I'm having is that the rig comes out of houdini with the bone's being all screwy. The clues I have right now are import errors in 3ds max, saying no initial pose, and a bunch of "ignored shears" warnings on the fbx character output.

I've tried every combination of checkboxes I can think of between the skinning converter and fbxcharacteroutput and I'm still stumped. I've created a setup that is literally just a box being skinned and exported and even that comes out with issues.

And here's an example that has been fractured and simmed. All the bones are offset/scaled/squashed on frame 0

This is probably something basic I'm missing that is fundamental in Houdini, but I'm at a loss of what to try next after scouring the help docs and google. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I've included a .hip of the basic setup i'm trying to export with a clean rig.

Thank you!

Attachments:
shearedboneshoudini.png (1.2 MB)
shearedbones.png (68.8 KB)
shearedbonesmaximport.png (7.7 KB)
shearedbones_destroyed.png (49.4 KB)
boneissues.hiplc (584.2 KB)

2 posts
Some further clues from working on this more.. If I export "current frame" I get a skinned mesh that is not deformed. This corruption only seems to happen when I export a frame range.
  • Quick Links