Unity Plug-in not visible in installation options

2434   7   2
2 posts
Hello,
I want to install Houdini with the Unity Plug-in but this one is not visible in the options before installation.
Image Not Found

Same after the installation in the Engine Plug-in part where I can install all other plug-in (Maya, Unreal and 3DS) but no Unity plug-in in sight.
Image Not Found

The Houdini Engine for Unity/unreal license is installed though.

I don't know why. I just follow the instruction for the installation of this plugin (here [www.sidefx.com]) : "Once you have downloaded the Houdini installer, run it and be sure to select the "Houdini Engine for Unity" option on the Houdini Engine installer screen."

Can you help me on this?

Thanks.

Attachments:
Installed licenses.jpg (118.3 KB)

スタッフ
541 posts
Hi,

Unfortunately, that is expected - as we're currently having issues with our Unity licenses.
Because of this - we were forced to remove the Unity plugin from the installer/launcher temporarily as we can no longer build the Unity plugin.

We've been in touch with Unity about this issue for a few weeks already - this seems to have been caused by a problem with their licensing system.
They finally found the problem and a solution for it, so hopefully, we'll be able to build the Unity plugin again in the coming days.

Our previous production build, H20.0.688 was the last build that still had the Unity plugin.

I'll be sure to post here once the plugin's back in the installer/launcher.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
2 posts
dpernuit
we were forced to remove the Unity plugin from the installer/launcher temporarily as we can no longer build the Unity plugin.

We've been in touch with Unity about this issue for a few weeks already - this seems to have been caused by a problem with their licensing system.
They finally found the problem and a solution for it, so hopefully, we'll be able to build the Unity plugin again in the coming days.
Thank you for this answer.

Unity has been a mess lately so I'm not surprised by this kind of outcome.
I'm just good at beginning something in the most awkward moment. ^^

I hope it will be back soon.
Edited by rnst1 - 2024年6月5日 03:42:14
38 posts
dpernuit
Hi,

Unfortunately, that is expected - as we're currently having issues with our Unity licenses.
Because of this - we were forced to remove the Unity plugin from the installer/launcher temporarily as we can no longer build the Unity plugin.

Our previous production build, H20.0.688 was the last build that still had the Unity plugin.

I'll be sure to post here once the plugin's back in the installer/launcher.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Thank you for the update on this, I was wondering where it had gone when I updated to the latest Houdini production build.
スタッフ
541 posts
Hi,

Quick update on this, as of today's build (H20.0.736), the Unity plugin is finally back in the installer.
Sorry it took so long, but unfortunately, the issue wasn't on our end, so there wasn't much we could do to speed this up.
8 posts
Glad you got it sorted. Any eta on H20.0.736 reaching production build?
11 posts
I am trying to install the houdini engine for unity but I can't find the folder with the unity package.
I have the steam version of houdini indie.
What can I do?
Edited by gabhpe - 2024年6月24日 06:24:13
スタッフ
541 posts
Hi,

As mentioned above, that is expected, we had some issues with unity licenses which forced to us to remove the unity plugin from the last production build. Unity finally found a solution to the issue, so the plugin is back in current H20 daily builds.

For steam, you could either switch to the daily20.0 or previous production build branch, as these both have the plugin.
I'd recommend switching to the previous production build (in properties > beta branch, choose the previous 20.0 production build).

When we release the next production build, you can then return to the default H20 branch - as the next prod build will have the unity plugin.
  • Quick Links