APEX Character Rigging in Houdini Robot Project - Error

1187   5   0
5 posts
Hello everyone. Please forgive the complete n00b question.
I'm following the aforementioned tutorial, and I got stuck with an issue I ran into while following the first video in the tutorial (the Spine). In the "Proxy geo" chapter of the video, my Biharmonic Capture node is failing with the following error message...
"Error: Zero points in generated tet mesh. Possibly due to intersecting input geometry.)."
I've gone along the previous steps, and I think I've done everything correctly (I think... the person recording the video does not go into a lot of detail around certain operations he does, so I might have skipped something important he didn't mention), and my tube mesh looks just like the one in the tutorial.

Any ideas in what could be the cause of the problem, or what I could look at to debug it?
Thanks a lot in advance!

Link to video: https://youtu.be/61OnUSivCc4?si=NxJ1x0-3Dkv-Hbaw&t=751 [youtu.be]
231 posts
Make sure every bone are inside the mesh, and that there is no hole in your input mesh.

can't say more without seeing your scene.
Head of Pipeline @ LightVFX
5 posts
Thanks a lot Jacquesf. I'll take a look at let you know what I find. Cheers!
5 posts
Well, for the life of me, I can't figure it out. I'm attaching my scene file, in case anyone's got some time. The problem is in the Spine setup, which is on the right side of the Robot_RIG sub-graph.
Thanks again in advance!

Attachments:
Robot_Rig_WIP_01.hipnc (1.1 MB)

5 posts
Okay. I was able to fix Joint Capture Biharmonic node by adding a Fuse node upstream. I thought maybe the Sweep generated geometry the capture node didn't like, and fusing verts could help.
Now, the Joint Capture Paint node is complaining, but I'll see how I deal with it. Progress is being made... painfully, but it is being made. :-)
5 posts
Okay. Issue fixed. I was missing a step on how certain things needed to be connected to the Biharmonic Capture node for the data to come out correctly.
  • Quick Links