Force view clone outputs in Render Gallery

516   3   3
274 posts
Nice to see the clones output all AOV to the render gallery, now it's of possible to have a visual framebuffer that's independent of viewports, locked to a specific camera, has a fixed lop node path and has the correct fixed resolution. (Like any other renderer has since the mid 90ies but that's another discussion )

The clones won't output to the render gallery unless a LOP network/node is set in the render gallery's path (green circled bit). I understand the need for that for normal non-clone renders, but the clones have their own LOP network path etc so it can/should always be available in the render gallery independent of the render gallery path. Is there any reason they are not or is it simply an RFE-able oversight?

Attachments:
Screenshot 2024-07-13 203807.png (512.9 KB)

More code, less clicks.
スタッフ
491 posts
Jonathan de Blok
the clones have their own LOP network path etc

This is the crux of it. The clones have their own LOP network path which means each clone is linked to a lopnet and, by extension, that lopnet's Render Gallery database. We maintain unique on-disk databases per-lopnet and, while the Clone Control Panel is able to provide a holistic overview of all the clones that have been spawned, the *output* from each clone goes to a specific database (i.e., the database for the lopnet that the clone is associated with).
274 posts
That makes sense from a technical perspective but from a user perspective the renders simply don't show up. Maybe the render gallery can have a 'all databases from this hipfile' checkbox or something like that? or use multiple paths/wildcards?

(Workflow wise it could be a bit less rough when exclusively using clones for rendering and using multiple LOP networks)
More code, less clicks.
スタッフ
491 posts
Jonathan de Blok
from a user perspective the renders simply don't show up

Yes, I appreciate that it takes some specific knowledge to understand the current behaviour and the default expectation could be different for many people.

It can't hurt to have this logged as an RFE.
  • Quick Links