help needed with volume mat assignment in solaris please

508   4   1
18 posts
hello hive,
for the life of me, I can't figure out how to assign a volume shader to a volume vdb that I converted from a polygon.
could somebody shed some light for a rookie please? I am familiar with solaris to the extend that i can assign and author materials to meshes ..

hoping that the screenshot tells the story - any pointers are much much appreciated!

edit: any changes that i do to the shader are not changing anything. hence me thinking that the assignment doesn't work, but maybe its something else?
Edited by janjansen - 2024年7月24日 23:00:34

Attachments:
foggy.jpg (359.6 KB)

18 posts
also attaching the .hiplc

Attachments:
foggyswine.hiplc (663.2 KB)

18 posts
so the material is assigned with the above set up I figured out - the volume does not respond to any changes in the shader however. Both density and colour can only be changed on SOP level ...
would love to know what I'm doing wrong. could anybody explain how to drive density from the shader instead?
cheers
161 posts
Hi!

Do you have enabled the "Tint Smoke Color with Cd" but you don't have a Cd volume grid with color information, and also might be a good idea to keep the density grid name as "density".

I uploaded the updated file, hope it helps, cheers!

Attachments:
foggyswine.hiplc (660.7 KB)

18 posts
cdordelly
I uploaded the updated file, hope it helps, cheers

thank you so much - this helps indeed.
really appreciate you took the time, this allows me to study what I did wrong - didn't think the name attribute was already a wrong turn

many thanks again!
  • Quick Links