Mayan pyramid procedural modeling

374   4   0
2 posts
Hi all,

My first question here and certainly not the last...

I am learning procedural modelling and I want to create a basic Mayan pyramid.
Looking at the references each level is recessed by the same value. So I am trying to have the same result using copy transform but the value is not constant meaning that the recess value is getting smaller.

Now I am trying to do it with a each loop. I use copy transform to translate the level and in the each loop I scale each level.
I think the idea is good but making it work is an other story.
Image Not Found

As you can see it's not really working I have the constant recess value so it's good but it's inverted...if invert the transformation in transform3 I lost the first level.
Any ideas ? may be there is an other method to it.

Thanks,

Attachments:
pyramid.jpg (606.4 KB)

127 posts
Obviously, the scale is a coefficient and applied to a decreasing value it will give a decreasing result. Therefore, the scale in principle cannot be used if you need a constant step somewhere.
Excluding crazy ideas on moving points with manual calculations, let's look for ready-made functions with absolute movement.
These are Peak and Polyextrude.
Polyextrud is obviously ideal for your task. You include the output of the extrudefront group everywhere. The first step is to inset to the desired value, the second step is to extrude. All this is on the extrudefront group, which will essentially carry the same polygon numbers. And you repeat in the cycle. It is clear that to perform the first step of the cycle, you need to create an extrudefront group from the starting polygons/polygon before the cycle.
100 posts
Alternative way :
Image Not Found
Edited by PaQ WaK - 2024年9月6日 15:19:47

Attachments:
Pyramid.jpg (263.9 KB)
Pyramid.hiplc (115.2 KB)

Gameloft
141 posts
Here's one way with a feedback loop

Attachments:
pyramid.png (517.6 KB)