Masterclass and Other Sample File Formats

2013   1   1
13 posts
My understanding was that my license of Indie would allow me to open other version files, but that there would be limitations to which versions could open which files.

I am finding that when I load project files from the Masterclass - such as the project files for the changed Oceans, I get a lot of error on opening - - usually “Skipping unrecognized parameter” errors, and often black screens or odd behavior.

Are the tutorials not set up for Indie folks? I know that my Digital Tutors sub had issues because you couldn't open ‘real’ Houdini files in APPRENTICE, but I would hate to find out that I can't utilize training resources with Indie.

EDIT: Another example - -for the file ocean_waves_baked, I get the unrecognized parameter errors, but it loads and SEEMS to work, but then if I attempt to render I get an error about being unable to load two textures.

Thanks,
Edited by phloog - 2017年3月3日 10:16:31
806 posts
Moin,

“skipping unrecognized parameter” sounds like if you are trying to open a H16 file with a H15 version (or some similar setup where you try to open a newer version HIP with an older version of Houdini). Are you using the latest version of Houdini?
I could imagine the other way around (older file version) could, sometimes, lead to issues as well - could you give some more details on what version the tutorial files where created in and what version you are running yourself?

Marc
---
Out of here. Being called a dick after having supported Houdini users for years is over my paygrade.
I will work for money, but NOT for "you have to provide people with free products" Indie-artists.
Good bye.
https://www.marc-albrecht.de [www.marc-albrecht.de]
  • Quick Links