How to handle HDA's with mulitple outputs???

1585   2   1
3 posts
Hi there,

So I'm trying to create a TOP network primarily with HDA's that have mutliple outputs for various elements (curves, geometry etc)
Some of the HDA's down the chain, process only one of these say 1 HDA will process output 0, the other output 1, etc. Then will be recombined later in the network.

How would I approach this idea in PDG? Editing the HDAs to create "pass through" data i.e. just creating an input that connects directly to an output was one way I thought of. But doing this for multiple HDA's just seems impractical.

Can anybody point me to a better way, I'm pretty new to PDG so not too familiar with all the available nodes. Feel like it's something simple.
Edited by zdesir - 2022年9月15日 17:54:33

Attachments:
PDG_problem.png (128.7 KB)

3 posts
Update: So you can get a previous processors output by directly referencing the file on disk.
The only issue I can think here is be careful with naming as you don't want the node being referenced versioning it's output.
You'd want it to overwrite any existing (file) output.

Is there a better way than this though? I'am hoping somebody has come up against this and may have a better approach???

Attachments:
PDG_problem_01.png (231.1 KB)

8 posts
Reviving the thread, as I think this solution does not fit me :

I think this method does not work when there are multiple workitems involved, as their filepaths need to be differenciated, probably by writing their ID in the output file name. And I don't know how to retrieve that from the child workitem.

Also this method seems unscalable to me, i.e for cases when default TOPs or switch TOP are present between hdaprocess1 hdaprocessor 2, making the expression more an more convoluted as hdaprocess is not the direct parent but the result of a logic chain.

Is there a best practice to pass outputs through an hdaprocessor TOP ?
  • Quick Links