100% image zoom in Solaris viewport

1173   4   4
1 posts
Hey!

I've set the Solaris viewport up in the way that it picks up the render settings from the render node ( Renderman )
It also picks up the resolution which is excellent and exactly what I need as Lookdev artist to check the texture details in an accurate way.
It's also possible to zoom and pan the image but I can't find any button to snap the image to a 100% zoom. This means I have always aliased edges and details and this is a big fat minus if I have to check the details in an accurate way.
In M play there is the home button and in the "it" render view from Renmderman the 1:1 button that frames the image to 100%.
Is there any way to also have that in the Solaris viewport? and not that it frames to the viewport window size?

Attachments:
Unbenannt.JPG (15.5 KB)

5 posts
worst thing about solaris, i haven't found a solution either
5 posts
solution = set resolution in render settings to 0 and 0...and only set it when u output final images...this needs to get fixed...total bull
274 posts
One solution is to render using te clones, they output directly to the render gallery and don't use a viewport. You get your render in the correct/fixed resolution. And they are locked to a lopnet/camera/frame so it gives a predictable output as you'd expect.

The interesting bit is you can have multiple clones rendering at different frames for example, so when doing lookdev you can check lighting at different frames at the same time. There is still no 'render button" so you have to pause/enable them if you don't want trigger a new render at every single thing you adjust.

These things, lack of a VFB and render button, have been mentioned here by a lot of people so they are definitely aware of it. I assume/hope this will be fixed at some point.
Edited by Jonathan de Blok - 2024年7月24日 01:52:38
More code, less clicks.
2 posts
You can try Shift+5 to switch to image viewport mode, but version 278 has a black screen issue. The latest version 314 works fine, so good luck.
  • Quick Links