how to save a static rest matrix in apex

398   2   1
8 posts
Hi everyone,

I want to save the initial position (restlocal) of some of my joints to create a constant offset. I currently do that in vex by simply creating new nodes with the restlocal copied in a detail wrangle. Afterwards I use an autorigcomponent to connect all the needed wires.
Is that possible with a stash node and if so, how to use the stash node in conjunction with the autorigcomponent?
Any help would be awesome.

Cheers!!
スタッフ
48 posts
mmassloh_houd
Hi everyone,

I want to save the initial position (restlocal) of some of my joints to create a constant offset. I currently do that in vex by simply creating new nodes with the restlocal copied in a detail wrangle. Afterwards I use an autorigcomponent to connect all the needed wires.
Is that possible with a stash node and if so, how to use the stash node in conjunction with the autorigcomponent?
Any help would be awesome.

Cheers!!
What are you looking to stash? You can adjust the skeleton and pipe it in as a reference skeleton like we are doing with the guide skeleton. You could also set up the offsets on the guides skeleton to make things a little simpler.
8 posts
Hi William,

thanks for your input. I managed to do what I needed to do, by just updating parms or setting parms on newly created nodes. I'm currently learning a lot and searching through nodes I really love the setup but it is a very new concept to me, switching from mainly vex into nodes again
  • Quick Links