Audit Expression Channel Value

1093   2   0
6 posts
Hello,

I am working with the LabsMapbox node and am trying to rebuild the node tree in another file. In walking the node graph I have found a node which shows an expression ch('../total_size') which I can't deduce the value for. I assume it is being calculated from some combination of the input node's values, but I can't figure out how to debug it. I have tried viewing channels, but it only shows the expression as written in the editor.

Is there a way, using python or otherwise, which I can ask for the value? This would allow me to determine which inputs are being used to generate it, and more easily emulate the graph.

Thanks for any help you might lend,
r
447 posts
hou.parm("path/to/the/parm").eval()
8599 posts
rdurnin
Is there a way, using python or otherwise, which I can ask for the value? This would allow me to determine which inputs are being used to generate it, and more easily emulate the graph.
first of all, that expression tells you what is being used (referenced)
so the value is taken from parameter named total_size (Label name may differ) that exists on the node one level above the current one
to see the value instead of the expression string you can click in the parameter label and it will switch to evaluated value
Edited by tamte - 2022年4月11日 12:58:27
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
  • Quick Links