GCC 4.5 compiled DSO not running with H11??

3360   4   1
65 posts
Hi!

I wonder if anyone has managed to solve an issue with DSOs compiled with gcc-4.5.1. When starting Houdini and the plugin gets loaded, an error message outputs to the console:

Houdini-DSO error. Compiler incompatibility detected. gcc compiler versions below 4.3 are not compatible with gcc compiler versions 4.3 or above.

Now I'm running Fedora14 (64-bit), and it's quite a pain to get gcc-4.1 properly on my box. Is there any workaround for this?

Thanks,

Phong
65 posts
Alright, I just built and compiled gcc-4.1.2 for my linux and compiled the code with this older gcc version. During startup the error message still appears. What could cause it this time? Everything has been compiled with versions<4.3.

Thanks,

Phong
4271 posts
Just curious, but which build type of Houdini are you using? Linux x86_64 gcc4.4? Linux x86_64 gcc4.1?
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
65 posts
I'm using the gcc-4.1 apprentice HD built which I got from the Houdini Apprentice download link. Is there anything like this for gcc-4.4??
65 posts
I just downloaded the Debian 10 Houdini package, which is for gcc-4.4. I downloaded the RedHat package before. Now everything works fine. Thanks for your help!
  • Quick Links