Texture on Volume

3066   3   0
15 posts
Hey guys,

I've been asked to imitate this kind of effect

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nEM5HyN0BqU [youtube.com]

I am still fairly new to Houdini and I've been trying to dig around the forum for a way to do this.

Some sort of ghost fx that emits fluid, therefore I was thinking of emitting fluid from an object and shade the volume with texture..Is that possible in Houdini?

If you know of any other ways to achieve this kind of fx I would gladly give them a shot!

Is there a way to add a texture to a volume? I've been able to transfer color to fluids, but I can't transfer UVs info to fluids…

Any help please?
2624 posts
That sequence is not using a texture on a volume …… just clever comp work

Rob
Gone fishing
15 posts
Hey Rob,
Thanks for the reply…
Well, most of it is probably lots of comped layer, but some of it looks a lot like Krakatoa…
But because I am working in Houdini I was still wondering what is a way to add texture on volume…
I know I can use a projection map from a light but that doesn't really give me the result I am looking for…
Any other ideas?

THANKS
122 posts
Hellou D
if you rotoscop you subject … you obtein a diffuse ( particle color)
cg double for apply vfx:particles colors, magic.
when you make for example a pyro fire simulation and comp with footage ¿ should you make some tweeks or not? perhaps you make tweeks i think ,clever integration, tweeking hue and one more optical effect.

chau.
  • Quick Links