Help with Crowd Avoidence

2250   4   1
45 posts
I have five separate agents in a crowdsource node via a merge node. Pretty simple.

My problem is, no matter how long I fiddle with the avoidance parameters in the crowdsolver I can't get them to avoid each other, they just keep running through each other. I need them to avoid each other at a very close proximity, how can I achieve this? I am currently tinkering around with the popsteerobstacle node right now but not having any luck.
Edited by chanson78 - Oct. 25, 2017 09:12:36
35 posts
Hi. I have a similar problem. I'm sure you've tried changing the Particle Scale Multiplier with the Guide turned on (in Avoidance). Doesn't help in my case - crowd looks worse, becase the space is bigger, but when agents run they still go through each other from time to time.

Have you tried PopSteerSeparate? It helps but doesn't solve the problem completely. You can force it to separate - just click “Force Separation” there. But this way the agents slide when they push each other. Doesn't look good close to camera.

By the way, I was wondering if we're supposed to use Avoidance AND PopSteerSeparate together.

Well, it's blocking my projects. If you ever find a good solution, please share
Edited by Lukas Stolarski - Dec. 4, 2017 13:09:07
---
http://madfusion.eu [madfusion.eu]
https://linktr.ee/loogas [linktr.ee]
7 posts
Anyone ever figure this out?

I have the same problem here. Agents going through each other, even though avoidance AND separation forces and weights are turned up high.

I figure this has something to do with agents not slowing down at all and simply running through the agents in front of them. If this is the case, how can I get these agents to slow down?
27 posts
I have the same problem here and more: All other nodes including ostacles and forces doesn't work.
27 posts
Walter How
Anyone ever figure this out?

I have the same problem here. Agents going through each other, even though avoidance AND separation forces and weights are turned up high.

I figure this has something to do with agents not slowing down at all and simply running through the agents in front of them. If this is the case, how can I get these agents to slow down?

This is why many Seniors had to work until lose their lives. Not many people wants to help and share learning...
We're still lucky for having the moderators here for helping in some cases.
  • Quick Links