Guide Mask Sop - Visualisation colours

371   1   1
1 posts
Hi there,

Since Houdini 16.5. (I think) the default visualisation for the Guide Mask Sop was Red & Black.

Black for guides not included in the mask, and Red for the ones that were. In H20 this is now switched to White and Black.
This makes it quite difficult to understand just how much is being included/excluded.

Trying to find a way in the display options... maybe with the Common visualizers but i cant find a way to revert back to this easy to read format.

In the end i have to add a visualize sop, which isnt very ideal. I try to keep unnecessary nodes out of my groom networks.

Anyway to change it without needing to add a node to preview?
109 posts
Hello,

Noticed same thing on these nodes in Houdini 20.

Looking inside, these nodes use a visualize sop with "Attribute As Is" mode. So it looks like the behaviour of this mode has changed from black/red to black/white in Houdini 20, this applys to any attribute, on any class.

Current method for me is to set a Scene Visualizer with desired color ramp on @curvemask attribute, as it's used by Guide Mask and Guide Process nodes for visualization. This way you get same behaviour on all nodes without adding a visualize sop.
Houdini Pipeline Supervisor @ TAT Studio
  • Quick Links