Inflating vellum balloon from zero and deflating it to zero

482   2   1
2 posts
Hello everyone, I'm trying to replicate a very popular motion graphics effect where soft body balloons grow on a certain object from nothing, like we do not see them until they start inflating. So, in my attachment I have vellum balloons scattered on a grid. I want them to inflate from zero to a certain scale and then deflate them to zero again. I tried animating pscale, but constraints don't seem to work well with very small geometry. I'm new to Houdini, so any advice on best practices with this issue would be appreciated. Thanks

Sorry, I have no idea how to attach video properly

Nevermind, I figured it out.
Edited by MangoThief - June 6, 2024 13:37:51
2607 posts
Weird, you should be using Apprentice, posting .hipnc file if you're new to Houdini.

There is a site called "Google" where you can type in "Houdini inflate balloon."
Edited by Enivob - June 6, 2024 14:05:12
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
2 posts
Enivob
Weird, you should be using Apprentice, posting .hipnc file if you're new to Houdini.

There is as site called "Google" where you can type in "Houdini inflate balloon."

Thanks Enivob for your really insightful and helpful reply. If you had read my post more thoughtfully, you would have understood that I do not have a problem with inflating a balloon. Once again, I have a problem scaling balloons from zero and then deflating balloons to zero again for a perfect loop. Like they grow on geometry and dissapear completely again. Don't know how to simplify it even more for you.
Why even bother wasting time writing this whatever you wrote?
Edited by MangoThief - June 6, 2024 12:57:05
  • Quick Links