20.5 sneak peek is here!

15852   54   8
279 posts
The point of Substance Designer is to create tillable textures, you don't really need painter to use it, and having an equivalent to Designer right inside of Houdini, instead of going back and forth, seems to be more powerful, so I am not sure what the problem is here!
Edited by GCharb - June 27, 2024 20:46:06
29 posts
Are the Hive vids still going to be posted this week?
Also is the ML deformer only for animations in Houdini or can the weights work in other DCCs
Edited by JalexM - June 28, 2024 12:56:06
369 posts
JalexM
Also is the ML deformer only for animations in Houdini or can the weights work in other DCCs

I think the site is pretty clear on when they’ll be posted.
8753 posts
JalexM
I don't see why it wouldn't work in other DCCs as long as you can structure the data in the same way you should be able to invoke the same ONNX model on it
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
966 posts
I use COPs a lot even with the current bugs the thing I miss the most is a decent rotoshape vector node, please tell me that I am going to have that on copernicus!🙏
https://vimeo.com/user2163076 [vimeo.com]
146 posts
mzigaib
I use COPs a lot even with the current bugs the thing I miss the most is a decent rotoshape vector node, please tell me that I am going to have that on copernicus!🙏

I wish the same as well. But chances are less it seems. In the keynote they showed shapes were built using sdfs. I think it will be something like hacking curves sop to make rotoshape?. But this is just my guess, who knows what is coming.
Mohan Pugaz
movfx
https://www.instagram.com/movfx/ [www.instagram.com]
https://www.youtube.com/channel/@_movfx
29 posts
LukeP
JalexM

I think the site is pretty clear on when they’ll be posted.
Well, they originally said it'll be posted this week in this thread, but I see the updated date now on the Hive page.
29 posts
tamte
JalexM
I don't see why it wouldn't work in other DCCs as long as you can structure the data in the same way you should be able to invoke the same ONNX model on it
I don't see how it could be structured the same in Maya nor Blender?
8753 posts
JalexM
tamte
JalexM

ah, now I understand you were probably asking about skinning weights, in that case no, ML deformer workflow as is in 20 and probably 20.5 requires live inference of ONNX model, it's not possible to bake it to set of skinning weights for linear or DQ joint deformer

In my original answer I assumed you were talking about weights and biases encoded in ONNX model
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
29 posts
tamte
JalexM
tamte
JalexM

ah, now I understand you were probably asking about skinning weights, in that case no, ML deformer workflow as is in 20 and probably 20.5 requires live inference of ONNX model, it's not possible to bake it to set of skinning weights for linear or DQ joint deformer

In my original answer I assumed you were talking about weights and biases encoded in ONNX model
Yeah, gotcha. I was wondering if I missed some features in Maya or Blender lol.
539 posts
Btw it seems that the HIVE videos are being uploaded!
279 posts
raincole
Btw it seems that the HIVE videos are being uploaded!
They've been on Vimeo for 5 days now, usually they upload on Vimeo a few days before they upload on YouTube!
Edited by GCharb - July 2, 2024 13:27:25
119 posts
Does anyone know when 20.5 will be released? They said July but not the date...or did I miss that?
94 posts
Sygnum
Does anyone know when 20.5 will be released? They said July but not the date...or did I miss that?

they said middle july soo next week
15 posts
Enhanced Python API for richer customization of viewport interaction

Does that mean we'll be able to select in the Houdini viewport using python ?
Edited by sebd3dvfx - Aug. 22, 2024 18:04:15
  • Quick Links