How to export USD Asset with textures made in Copernicus

618   3   0
25 posts
Hello,
what is the correct workflow to save usd asset with baked procedural textures?
When i have imported textures from Copernicus via "op:" to mtlx image in shader and I'm using usd_rop to export, it almost works but not completely. Textures are saved in usd asset folder but are saved to "mtl.usda.textures" folder and subdirectores from Houdini path, which i didn't set. Also it writing textures as exrs, and there is no control over which file format or colorspace to choose.

If anyone knows a better way to batch export assets with textures from COPs , I will be grateful.
Thanks,
Dawid
Edited by Dawid Wizor - July 17, 2024 13:32:27
Staff
29 posts
Hey !
The documentation for the Layer Attribute Create COP goes over this, I would have a look there
25 posts
Yeah, this is exactly what I was looking for!
If I save texture this way with the path to .png it will apply any extra gamma correction to it?
Also, is there option to set bit depth of exported textures?
Staff
4493 posts
At the moment the COP image save process is fairly limited. We just save to the specified file name. The filename extension should control the format of the image being written out. But there isn't any way to control the color space. This is something we'll have to investigate at some point, probably by looking at additional metadata on the layer. Feel free to submit an RFE (ideally with a hip file) if the image save isn't letting you do what you want. Thanks!
  • Quick Links