Why does Karma restart under those silly circumstances?

903   5   1
369 posts
So let’s say you have the render finished. Great. I enable snapshots strip - the render restarts!
Let’s say the render has finished, I switch (in the same view) to a different tab, say attribute editor, then back to that tab - render restarts…
Why???
54 posts
You can use "Lock viewport stage to prevent renderer updates" button.

Attachments:
Pic_01.png (75.2 KB)

369 posts
Thank you. This helps but in my opinion the software should just know not to restart the renderer.
2115 posts
LukeP
Thank you. This helps but in my opinion the software should just know not to restart the renderer.

Why? For how some work, having the software do that is a boon - e.g. working and adjusting in other contexts that affect the outcome of rendering, i.e. less clicking to get the render update changes.

The opposite could be said if your preference was the default - The software should know I'm still making changes in many different places - it should update 'automatically'.
369 posts
BabaJ
LukeP

Why? For how some work, having the software do that is a boon - e.g. working and adjusting in other contexts that affect the outcome of rendering, i.e. less clicking to get the render update changes.

The opposite could be said if your preference was the default - The software should know I'm still making changes in many different places - it should update 'automatically'.

I think you’re misunderstanding my point. Karma is restarting a render if I enable snapshots or if I switch to attribute editor and back in the same pane. There is absolutely no attribute or parameter adjustments and the render restarts from the scratch.
171 posts
Sounds like it maybe restarted beacause of the resolution of the viewport changed? The safest way to render in the viewport, is to use the render settings from Karma render settings. Doing it this way you can change the viewport scale all you want, because resolution is decided in the render settings.
  • Quick Links