Help with Smashing Wine Glass tutorial Size issue

519   1   0
1 posts
So i come from maya and blender modeling, i am learning houdini at the moment and when i attmepted the foundations first tutorial to break the wine glass i encountered a problem. When i import the img of the wine glass outline to model it the size is huge in the viewport. Much bigger then how it looks from the video tutorial shows. The values for image offset and scale arent correct it seems as the offset doesnt move it to the horizon line and obviously the scale param makes it even larger. This is a screenshot of me importing it without changing anything, in a fresh houdini layout no edited preferences, all default settings. Then another photo of the values theyu give to input. Its huge and i didnt want to move forward with the tutorial until i find out if this is correct or a issue on my part, as i know it could mess up the sim. When i modeled the bullet it was obviously super tiny following the instructions in the tutorial thats when i noticed the size issue at first ( was following the PDF file at first). So can anyone help me or point me in the correct direction?

Attachments:
Screenshot 2024-07-19 113534.png (1.0 MB)
image_2024-07-19_113857446.png (493.8 KB)

2607 posts
It's typical to scale by 100 up or down when moving geometry between Houdini and other DCCs.
Edited by Enivob - July 25, 2024 15:00:32
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
  • Quick Links