Apex Autorig component node on fktransform

537   4   2
4 posts
Hi,
Anyone knows on which version of Houdini, "Apex Autorig component node on fktransform" works fine? apparently in 20.5.278 it doesn't work as expected. (example: simple internal skeleton node + packfolder + fkcomp) (Error: : No transform attribute exists, unable to compute local transforms):S

Thanks
4 posts
found the issue! its with the default string values that Houdini puts in when creating nodes. Now I'm wondering why default values should conflict right after generating nodes without any changes from user!!! confusing :S

Attachments:
Screenshot 2024-08-16 at 8.40.05PM.png (131.3 KB)

Staff
49 posts
Sam_mtz
found the issue! its with the default string values that Houdini puts in when creating nodes. Now I'm wondering why default values should conflict right after generating nodes without any changes from user!!! confusing :S

Hi,
The pack folder unfortunately doesn't know if you are feeding in a skeleton or a capture mesh, this will have to be done manually.

when packing the folders naming is very important when working with components. You can use your own naming convention, but you will have to then rename all the components to match what you have named your folders.
4 posts
Hi,
Thanks for the explanation. maybe the "mismatch between source input names" or something similar could be added to the warning on the component node for easier troubleshooting. currently the error is only saying "no transform attribute exists, unable to compute local transforms"!
169 posts
Sam_mtz

Hi, Sam_mtz. There is no way I would have found that fix/work-around on my own!
Many thanks!
  • Quick Links