delayed load blur file?

4444   3   1
47 posts
hi all,

having some delayed load fun (aka… trouble)

started out with an animation sequence and used a mantra archive ROP to bake out the geometry and shader.

it's working great through the delayed load shader but the motion blur is incorrect (should be using deformation blur)

from the documentation: “This procedural only supports one segment of motion blur (2 geometry samples). You can specify the deformation geometry in the Blur File on the Main tab of the Mantra: Delayed Load geometry shader.”

what is this “blur file” that i can load into the delayed load shader? and how do i create it?

thanks in advance
to a man with only a hammer every problem looks like a nail.
1390 posts
artzor
hi all,

having some delayed load fun (aka… trouble)

started out with an animation sequence and used a mantra archive ROP to bake out the geometry and shader.

it's working great through the delayed load shader but the motion blur is incorrect (should be using deformation blur)

from the documentation: “This procedural only supports one segment of motion blur (2 geometry samples). You can specify the deformation geometry in the Blur File on the Main tab of the Mantra: Delayed Load geometry shader.”

what is this “blur file” that i can load into the delayed load shader? and how do i create it?

thanks in advance

It's your geometry from a previous frame (for example). Mantra computes offset and applies motion blur based on it. Beware! Last time I've checked, if you give it the same file as the main one, Mantra hangs dramatically (eating all your ram and swap file). :shock:
47 posts
thanks Symek,

i did experience that hanging… very nasty!

The deformation blur does work if you give it the geometry of the current frame +1 or -1. but it's still not as clean as rendering straight without delayed load…

oh well
to a man with only a hammer every problem looks like a nail.
964 posts
Hi,

I had an experience with this kind of problem, I didn´t solve it but I kind get a half way done. I dind't try the blur file though.

In my case the motion blur problem was occurring with particles, it didn't work correctly until I increase the oversampling on the POPNET node.

So if I render directly without saving the entire simulation to the disc it works.

That´s where I think our problems could be related, if I save to the disc and use it to render, the motion blur renders incorrectly.

So maybe there must be a better way to save it and read it from the disc so mantra can read the subframe information correctly.

I am looking for this information as well, if anyone could help I´d really appreciate.
https://vimeo.com/user2163076 [vimeo.com]
  • Quick Links