How to control the dynamic activation of the fractured pieces? HELP ME!

4097   2   0
28 posts
I'm following a DT tutorial, here again trouble appears.

I want to control the dynamic activation(fall or not) of some fractured pieces through Cd value generated with a atrributetransfer node. However it wont work with the expression I copied from the tutorial(I'm too new to houdini to know what does the expression mean, I just copied it).

I will attach a simplified version of my problem, please download it and check it out for me where the problem is.
is the expression wrong, or something else?

Thank you very much, bros.
Edited by yandao90514 - June 26, 2016 08:32:38

Attachments:
help me.hip (254.1 KB)

hi hi hi
182 posts
There are many ways to activate pieces.
In the end it's just an attribute called “active” that needs to be overridden, so the solver knows what to do with it.
This can be done inside DOPs or in SOPs.
In DOPs you can do this with a sopsolver. In SOPs you need to enable “Overwrite Attributes from SOP” on your DOP source object. If you want to animate your geometry too, then you need an attribute called “animated” : 1 = use animation, 0 = let the sim handle movement.

Edited by blackpixel - June 27, 2016 03:40:30

Attachments:
activate.hip (1.2 MB)
activate.gif (1.0 MB)

28 posts
blackpixel
There are many ways to activate pieces.
In the end it's just an attribute called “active” that needs to be overridden, so the solver knows what to do with it.
This can be done inside DOPs or in SOPs.
In DOPs you can do this with a sopsolver. In SOPs you need to enable “Overwrite Attributes from SOP” on your DOP source object. If you want to animate your geometry too, then you need an attribute called “animated” : 1 = use animation, 0 = let the sim handle movement.

THANK YOU Mariusz Wesierski.
Node based software are difficult for me, after a hard learning of your example i finally figured out how it works.
thank you verymuch!!!
hi hi hi
  • Quick Links