How to make an inner OBJ node "Transformation" the default "Transform" tool of a HDA?

3117   4   2
41 posts
Hi,

I have a digital asset (HDA) that has three OBJ nodes A,B and C. The HDA itself has no meaningful transformation -it should be set to identity. Only Object C has a meaningful transformation.

I want to do the following: When a user selects the HDA node, he gets the transformation handlers of the inner Object node C, such that if he translates in X direction he actually translates Object C.

In the attached Image, Pyro_Import is Object C, and I want Pyro_Import transformation handles appear when the use select the digital asset. Currently when the user select the Digital Asset, no handles appear …

I am not sure how to do that, if anyone has some pointers I would really appreciate it

Attachments:
HDA_inner_node.png (288.5 KB)

8753 posts
- open Type Properties for your asset
- dive into asset
- select objectC
- press enter in the viewport to show handle
- right click to the handle
- choose Export Handle To Digital Asset
- edit promoted parameters/handle assignments in type properties if needed
- accept
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
41 posts
WOW I am impressed… Did I miss this info in the Documentation? Anyways, Thaaaanks a lot….
8753 posts
catchyid
Did I miss this info in the Documentation?
http://sidefx.com/docs/houdini/assets/asset_ui#handles-and-hud-sliders [sidefx.com]
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
206 posts
Thank you very much Tomas. I followed your instructions (with the HDA Type Properties opened) and there was one small issue with the promoted Transform Handle. When entering the Pivot Mode (working with the HDA transform handle), the gizmo stayed in the "transform mode" and did not update the Pivot parameters. So I repeated the promotion steps with the internal Transform SOP and with its Pivot Mode Handle and both handles seem to be working fine.

Should I RFE it? Or is it correct to promote each handle (xform + pivot) separately?
Edited by ikoon - July 5, 2024 08:02:31
  • Quick Links