Houdini to Maya alembic: can't pass Cd SOLVED

1997   4   0
1035 posts
Hi!

When I export the rubber toy with random @Cd, I can see it in maya. When I try to do the same thing with "myGeo", I can't see @Cd in Maya. I checked every single attributes in each components (points, vertex, prims, details). It's identical to the rubber toy. How can it work with the rubber toy and not my geo?!

EDIT: Actually, there is vertex color in maya, it's black. But I have random colors in houdini right before the rop alembic.......
Edited by olivierth - May 6, 2022 15:24:26

Attachments:
Can't export Cd.JPG (39.9 KB)

7990 posts
What is your 'mygeo'? Is it packed before adding the Cd?
1035 posts
No, it wasn't packed. ...and I found the solution (but I don't understand it).

I was using the function removepoint(0, @ptnum) to remove parts of my geo. I simply changed it to removepoint(0, @ptnum, 1) to remove the prims connected to those points and it solved my @Cd export problems.
Edited by olivierth - May 6, 2022 15:24:56
8730 posts
olivierth
I found the solution (but I don't understand it)
main thing to understand is that if you are trying to or export (or simply work with) degenerate primitives you are gonna have a bad time
so it's always better to use removepoint(0, *, 1)

you could also alternatively remove those using Clean SOP/Remove Degenerate Primitives or Facet SOP/Remove Degenerate
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
7990 posts
tamte
you could also alternatively remove those using Clean SOP/Remove Degenerate Primitives or Facet SOP/Remove Degenerate

or don't use removepoint/removeprim at all. mark it and blast it is faster in my experience
  • Quick Links