Cascadeur auto physics system

811   2   0
9 posts
Hi everyone, I am quite new to houdini, started really using it seriously in middle of last year with main focus on character work with kinefx, i tinker with cascadeur nowadays and i'm wondering if with the rig attribute VOP and full body ik solver if it would possible to implement cascadeur's autoposing and autophysics algorithm.Dynamic motion in apex seems like its heading in that direction.
373 posts
We seem to be very, very far away from that. Developing something like Cascaduer in rig attribute would be about as difficult as developing Cascaduer from scratch.
8737 posts
You can probably implement it in APEX with help of sop:onnx nodes if you want it to be part of some interactive state for editing poses, provided you already trained the various neural networks on a particular skeleton

But obviously it's not gonna be an easy task, you can read about the journey they went through for developing it for cascadeur here: https://cascadeur.com/blog/general/ai-assistance-in-3d-character-posing-how-it-works-in-cascadeur [cascadeur.com]
Edited by tamte - Jan. 8, 2024 15:48:41
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
  • Quick Links