APEX spider rig

707   2   2
38 posts
Good day everyone,

I have been checking on Max Rose's tutorials and other incredibly useful material online regarding APEX.
I am currently trying to rig, skin and animate a simple walk cylcle of a proxy spider to be able to then use it in a very simple crowd system.
Nothing complex so far, but I am getting stuck on the Bone Deform phase using the Autorig Component.
I believe I am not doing something correctly, but the skeleton is there, the mesh is there, the guide skeleton is there...

When I hit ENTER on the bonedeform autorig component, I can't see the mesh even though I promote everything. And of course, it doesn't deform the geo.

If someone could give me a hand with the scene uploaded it would be really appreciated.
I included everything in the zip file, and using H 20.0.688 for this.

Thanks y'all!

Attachments:
APEX_spider_rig.zip (111.6 KB)
Immagine 2024-06-12 143646.jpg (157.3 KB)

7863 posts
You forgot to add skinning weights to your mesh so that the BoneDeform knows how the skin points should be deformed to which joints. I've fixed this in the attached file by adding the new node marked in green.

Attachments:
spider_rigging_v001_boneCaptured.hipnc (564.1 KB)

38 posts
I knew I was missing something, just didn't know it was something so obvious
I feel a bit dumb now, but that makes me want to learn more so I guess is a good thing.

Thank you mister Edward for your help!
  • Quick Links