Landscape Spline Socket Names not working correctly.

655   2   1
5 posts
I'm having and issue using the unreal_landscape_spline_segment_connectionX_mesh_socket_name

I did a comparision and found the segments in Unreal use:
unreal_landscape_spline_segment_connection0_mesh_socket_name -> the first vertex of the segment (primitive)
unreal_landscape_spline_segment_connection1_mesh_socket_name -> the last vertex of the segment (primitive)

I'm able to set those attributes correctly but UnrealEngine just completely stomps it out and uses whatever socket is closest (which is often wrong)

And what's even more confusing is that when I send it back into Houdini, they're actually point attributes... which don't work when I try them. Even sending landscape splines with the correct sockets to Houdini and then back to Unreal without changing anything doesn't work either

This is what it looks like in UnrealEngine:

Here's me manually correcting it:

In Houdini, if we take a look at the 10:30PM segment, we see the attributes are set up on that prim (connection0 being the start of the segment, connection1 being the end of the segment)

And here is that same segment when I manually correct it inside Unreal:

According to the documentation, this attribute has to be set to prim or vertex, but when I send it back to Houdini, there's no such prim attribute, infact that information is on the point, If I manually set that same attribute on the correct points, it doesn't work (which makes sense because the Houdini documentation is saying the attribute has to be on the prim or vertex):

Is there something I'm missing here?
Edited by amit916 - July 7, 2024 22:01:25

Attachments:
Screenshot 2024-07-07 163509.png (10.5 KB)
Screenshot 2024-07-07 162911.png (3.9 MB)
Screenshot 2024-07-07 162955.png (2.1 MB)
Screenshot 2024-07-07 163103.png (1.1 MB)
Screenshot 2024-07-07 163235.png (33.2 KB)
Screenshot 2024-07-07 163505.png (10.5 KB)

5 posts
Doing some additional testing, I exposed the parameter for the rot attribute that I've given it, (so I can rotate the control point)

And it still overrides the socket name attribute. In the same way the landscape spline editor in Unreal does if you rotate the control point... maybe the editor is doing it's check for sockets after the HDA assigns the correct sockets?
5 posts
Updated to 20.5 with the latest Houdini Engine update (UE5.3)... seems like a few things aren't working anymore (control point IDs as well as control point mesh aren't being assigned in Unreal).

Opened a support ticket. Will update if it get's resolved.
  • Quick Links