Does ramp work correctly in Copernicus?

416   2   0
113 posts
Let's take noise from 0 to 1 and include it in the monotorgb and ramp nodes, and set the ramp color to infrared. We see that in monotorgb the colors have become from blue to red, as it should be. And in the ramp node - from green to red, as if ramp is waiting for an input from -1 to +1, which is not typical at all.
Is this a bug or do I not understand the logic of the node?
Edited by RGaal - July 26, 2024 09:21:40

Attachments:
Screenshot 2024-07-26 161517.jpg (158.0 KB)

7981 posts
RGaal
Let's take noise from 0 to 1 and include it in the monotorgb and ramp nodes, and set the ramp color to infrared. We see that in monotorgb the colors have become from blue to red, as it should be. And in the ramp node - from green to red, as if ramp is waiting for an input from -1 to +1, which is not typical at all.
Is this a bug or do I not understand the logic of the node?

The ramp node takes a 2d position input in image space, meaning -1 to 1 by -1 to 1 in x and y. The monotorgb node is a better choice for recoloring a 1d grayscale source. You could use a bright node to refit first and use the ramp node with a 1d input as well.
113 posts
Yeah, thanks, got it. It's a shame that the help for this node doesn't emphasize this with such a deviation from typical behavior, I had to jump around a lot of pages to find an explanation for these spaces.
  • Quick Links