Bake to the HDA level

450   3   1
21 posts
I'd like to bake an actor to a specified level (same as the HDA), but it is always baked to the current level (activated through the levels palette), no matter what I try (relative paths, absolute paths, prim/point attrib, etc).

Attached is a very simple example just with a static mesh, though I'd like to make this work with landscapes. I'm using Unreal 5.3.2 + Houdini 20.0.688 and no world partition.

I'm trying to follow the example in the documentation, but it's just not working for me
https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/unreal/attributes.html#bake-to-the-hda-level [www.sidefx.com]

To bake actors to the same level that contains the HDA, as opposed to the persistent level, set unreal_level_path attribute to “{hda_level}”

Thanks!

Attachments:
unreal_level_path.png (50.0 KB)
yaak-test_bake_level.hda (16.5 KB)

Staff
23 posts
Hi Tom, I was able to repro this issue. The `s@unreal_level_path = "{hda_level}";` will work for packed instances but not generated static meshes. I don't see why that would be the case, and will log a bug for this right away.
21 posts
Hey Cody, that's great, if you could mention landscapes in the bug report (as that's what I was originally after), that would be great. Thanks!
Staff
23 posts
Done and Done. Sorry about all this, I've noticed a couple small bugs like this crop up in regards to the input/outputs change in 20.0 and some older or less common workflows. But the devs have been getting them fixed up super quick, assuming they aren't super busy with high priority things.
  • Quick Links