COPstance Copernicus Edition

146   0   2
27 posts
Hi, everyone!
I want to share with you the great news that a version of COPstance for the Copernicus context has been released.
These are the same nodes that were in the old COP2 version of the plugin [www.sidefx.com], but now they are completely written using Copernicus nodes.

Of course, there are some exceptions.
For example, an FX-Map node is too complex to be replicated using only Copernicus nodes. Therefore, only the Quadrant subnode is available. But using this node and SOP Import, you can try to replicate the patterns you need (although it will be a bit more difficult than if you had a fully functional FX-Map node).
Also, there are no Fluid, Simple Perlin, Slope Blur, Tile, and Tile Generator nodes at this time. I don't think I'll add the latter two, as they are less functional than the existing Tile Pattern node.

Now let's talk about the main advantages of the Copernicus version of the plugin. First of all, since it is written entirely using Copernicus nodes, it is now a full-fledged Digital Asset Library (in OTLLC format). This makes it possible to make the plugin not only for Windows (as it was in the version for the COP2 context), but completely cross-platform.
Also, since this is an OTLLC file, unfortunately for this version (for obvious reasons) there is no trial version of the plugin. You will get access to the Digital Asset Library file immediately after purchasing the plugin. The old version will still be available on the site, so you can evaluate the functionality of the COP2 nodes of the plugin on it.

Also, another great news for you is that I decided not to hide the internal structure of the library nodes, so now you can freely view and modify all COPstance nodes!

And the last news that concerns those who have already purchased the old version of the plugin: you will receive the new version for free! Check your email, I have sent you instructions on how to download the new version.
Edited by Quantico - Sept. 11, 2024 05:40:40
COPstance - plugin for Houdini
https://copsubstance.com [copsubstance.com]
Follow COPstance on Twitter: https://twitter.com/copsubstance [twitter.com]
  • Quick Links