Houdini Foundations wine glass UV/rendering issues

191   0   0
1 posts
Hi all,

My first post here. I'm following the Wine glass smash tutorial and I'm encountering some issues with UV's.

Initially, the wine glass UV's just went bonkers (flickering, random normals, weird scaling and repetition of UV's on each piece) after the bullet hit the glass. I searched the web and read that it might be an issue with id attributes, so I went ahead and deleted them in the retime node.

This apparently fixed the issue with the broken glass geo in the viewport, but I'm now getting this weird initial state.

I'm not completely new to Houdini, but fixing things like these, and diagnosing them for that matter is beyond me. If someone could point me in the right direction, I would be very thankful. (Not) Knowing how to even search for causes of issues like these has been blocking me so many times.

P.S.

1. The file is a bit messy, as I experimented with some things and haven't reverted.
2. I used RBD Material fracture instead of Boolean shatter as the results are much more pleasing
3. I'm having issues with Karma XPU in that it's not rendering the Wine liquid and sometimes renders BnW.
4. I'm on a M1 Pro Max 16'' if that is useful in any way.
Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Attachments:
MPlay XPU render.png (1.6 MB)

• Quick Links