How can I set Maximum Outputs for an HDA with Python?

132   0   0
2 posts
I have a situation where I need to build up various assets comprised of pieces. Ideally I would have a HDA to add the pieces but the issue is that there can be a variable amount of parts. for example, imagine you want to create a bunch of chairs but comprised from a set of various parts, like different leg styles, different back rests, different cushions. Also imagine you want to create a bunch of tables where you have a set of various leg styles and different table tops. The chair is comprised of three 'parts' and the table is comprised of two. For my loops to function correctly i need the Maximum Outputs for a HDA to be able to be set using Python but cant seem to track down how or even if this is possible. Currently my work-around is to create a bunch of embedded HDAs, each with there own Maximum Outputs set and then using switches to select the one needed. I want this tool be robust as possible to be able to combine a variable amount of parts with a variable amount of pieces. Hopefully this makes sense because im not able to share my hip file. Is this possible? Should this be approached differently?
Edited by FiZzlleStiXx - Sept. 16, 2024 16:11:47

Attachments:
maxOut.png (40.2 KB)

FiZzlleStiXx
  • Quick Links