Group Selection stuck in loop select mode

197   2   1
2 posts
I've already submitted a bug report through the proper channels, but I figured I'd try to get some help here as well.

If I group select, it always behaves as if the "A" key (loop selection) is stuck on, and can't do ANYTHING except loop select. No box select, lasso, nothing works except selecting through a loop. It can be seen in the second half of this video. This was never an issue until just recently, so maybe it has something to do with 20.5?

I would be absolutely thrilled if this were just a mistake on my part, that I toggled some bizarre setting and that the fix for this is simple.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?
133 posts
Usually there are no such errors. Although several times strange errors with selection or disappearance of groups appeared and only rebooting Houdini helped.
And yes, with any strange behavior, start with resetting the viewport. Quite a few bugs are hidden there.
2 posts
RGaal
Usually there are no such errors. Although several times strange errors with selection or disappearance of groups appeared and only rebooting Houdini helped.
And yes, with any strange behavior, start with resetting the viewport. Quite a few bugs are hidden there.

I had tried resetting the Viewport several times, and resetting Houdini itself several times, to no avail. HOWEVER, after resetting the whole computer, everything seems to be working fine (for now....). It could be that because I sometimes leave the computer on for several days at a time, some sort of rot happened at the system level which caused this bug (it really shouldn't be like this, but that's just how computers are).

I kinda also get the vague impression that opening multiple Scene Views (3D viewports) might on some level "accelerate" this rot that leads to instability in Houdini. But I'm not sure.

I will periodically update this thread when I have new findings.
  • Quick Links