Air Strike

3291   20   1
60 posts
Hey there,
I am working on my first large destruction sim.
2 to 3 rocket hits and a building that is coming down in phases.
Lets see how I do with this one. Thanks for watching!

Feedback is always welcome!

Newest post:

So I finished this and made a rough break down of the elements and workflows

Edited by Kareeem - Oct. 17, 2024 04:05:12
www.rehimi.de
60 posts
Today I slapped together an environment. While I was doing that I figured out an efficient way to import Kitbash3D assets and create their materials as well as creating a very basic sidewalk assemble tool.

A first test of the some sim

Edited by Kareeem - Oct. 1, 2024 07:02:33
www.rehimi.de
621 posts
if is an airstrike shouldn't be hit from the top?
60 posts
pelos
if is an airstrike shouldn't be hit from the top?
As I mentioned above, so far there is no real air strike happening yet.
But its coming.

Although air strikes often hit at the bottom of a building to bring it down.

Edited by chrism - Oct. 1, 2024 14:09:51
www.rehimi.de
166 posts
Maybe also add the rescue aftermath and how to save people from this context.
Even if it is not being done, you can call attention for aid resources needed.

Inflatables are an option and would show-case vellum. This specific inflatable robot is one case. But there are also Austre Medical Tents etc.

Also emergency vehicle navigation:

Edited by PHENOMDESIGN - Sept. 29, 2024 10:11:15
PHENOM(enological) DESIGN;
Experimental phenomenology (study of experience) is a category of philosophy evidencing intentional variations of subjective human experiencing where both the independent and dependent variable are phenomenological. Lundh 2020
60 posts
PHENOMDESIGN
Maybe also add the rescue aftermath and how to save people from this context.
Even if it is not being done, you can call attention for aid resources needed.

Inflatables are an option and would show-case vellum. This specific inflatable robot is one case. But there are also Austre Medical Tents etc.

Hey thanks for your input!
I´ve seen this technology some time ago. Pretty cool!

It would scale up the scope of this shot to much though. There is so much to do with RBD, Fire and Smoke... But maybe for a different project
Edited by Kareeem - Sept. 30, 2024 03:33:59
www.rehimi.de
60 posts
Uff... prepping the different materials and fracturing took some time and was a good learning experience!
I finally have a first motion I like. There will be 2 more rockets hitting the building.

www.rehimi.de
60 posts
It was a bit tricky to have several strikes but in the end I managed to get it done.

www.rehimi.de
60 posts
- a bit more fine tuning to the rbd
- missiles
- collision of city environment

www.rehimi.de
60 posts
- assigned materials to rbd
- material tweaks
- added sound

www.rehimi.de
60 posts
here is what I came up with so far in terms of the actual explosion. Its tough since this is super high res. Even though it doesnt look like it. :S

www.rehimi.de
251 posts
I think the explosions needs much more initial "punch".
Do a retime test remaping the first 30-40 frames of the fireballs into 3-5 frames.
60 posts
mawi
I think the explosions needs much more initial "punch".
Do a retime test remaping the first 30-40 frames of the fireballs into 3-5 frames.

Hey, thanks for the feedback. I am glad you mention this in particular because I had the same feeling but wasnt sure.

Its a bit tricky... The three explosions are one sim. So when I modify the overall speed of the second and third explosion it will affect the whole sim, wich will probably look weird.

Is it comon practice to split a sim like this? It seems hard to then get the interaction believable.
Edited by Kareeem - Oct. 6, 2024 03:23:51
www.rehimi.de
251 posts
Do the retime on the first as a reference for the tempo you want. Then you don’t need to simulate hours to find out.

If possible I would try to split them. At least work with the emission part separately and then if needed run all emitters in same container at the end.
60 posts
I split the three strikes into separate sims and retimed them afterwards. But then I noticed that the sims dont really work anymore in relation to each other as well as the rbd sim. So I will try to fix this by animating the timescale of each sims.

www.rehimi.de
60 posts
I think I call the main pyro sim done. Retiming the sim helped quite a lot. I also tweaked the sim in general so it has more fuel burning.

Any idea what to change or add to it?

www.rehimi.de
60 posts
Its getting somewhere. The smoke sems a bit to fuzzy at the later stage though. Smoke from debris is also missing.

www.rehimi.de
60 posts
here is a little update. with some debris and debris smoke. moving on to the shock wave...

www.rehimi.de
60 posts
first try on the shockwave. I am not to happy about it at this stage. I will reduce it in some areas and add particles to it later.

www.rehimi.de
60 posts
And here is the almost final version. I think I will reduce the spin on the small paper things that get thrown in the air and lower the life of the particles from the shock wave. but other then that, this is done.

www.rehimi.de
  • Quick Links