poligon curves and bezier curves

607   4   0
9 posts
Hey guys, if I draw a polygon curve and add a Bézier curve node on top of this polygon curve, shouldn't the curve now be a Bézier curve?

Attachments:
Screenshot 2024-09-27 055124.png (442.7 KB)

8759 posts
I believe the Primitive Type drop-down is for new curves only, it doesn't affect already drawn or input curves

You can use Convert SOP to convert your curves to Bezier after the first node
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
9 posts
tamte
I believe the Primitive Type drop-down is for new curves only, it doesn't affect already drawn or input curves

You can use Convert SOP to convert your curves to Bezier after the first node
Yes it will work, but I thought that once the Bezier curve is added it will become a Bezier not a polygon.
8759 posts
Fernando_Criativo3d
I thought that once the Bezier curve is added it will become a Bezier not a polygon.
Curve SOP can hold mixture of primitive types, even within one you can draw first curve as Poly, then switch type to Bexier therefore next curve will be drawn as Bezier, keeping the first one as Poly
meaning the Primitive Type parameter is not changing the type of existing curves and therefore it doesn't represent the type of the output geo as a whole

what may be missing in Curve SOP though is a way to select curves and convert to different type interactively, hence for now the Convert SOP workaround
Edited by tamte - Sept. 27, 2024 12:49:52
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
144 posts
Tick the checkbox under Order.
  • Quick Links