How to use *::2.0 nodes in python-like component snippet?

524   2   2
29 posts
Sometimes I come across APEX nodes that is 2.0 version, for example transform::LookAt::2.0.
In component snippet, if I use
xform.LookAt(lookat_xform, lookup_xform)
, a 1.0 version lookat node will be created. I wonder what's the correct way to use 2.0 version node in snippet?
Edited by NMVHS - Sept. 28, 2024 00:37:18
Staff
78 posts
you can always set this directly using:

xform.LookAt.v2_0(lookat_xform, lookup_xform)

There is however a way to automatically get the latest version of a given callback.

On your SOP node go to the Header folder. Turn the header toggle on and use the toggle add Version. Then a little function called HoudiniVersion() will be added to the beggining of you snippet. Based on your current houdini version we can now automatically deduce which version to use. meaning that

should give the correct latest version.
Having said that. This is currently not supported for your own custom functions.

I hope this helps
29 posts
esttri
you can always set this directly using:

xform.LookAt.v2_0(lookat_xform, lookup_xform)

There is however a way to automatically get the latest version of a given callback.

On your SOP node go to the Header folder. Turn the header toggle on and use the toggle add Version. Then a little function called HoudiniVersion() will be added to the beggining of you snippet. Based on your current houdini version we can now automatically deduce which version to use. meaning that

should give the correct latest version.
Having said that. This is currently not supported for your own custom functions.

I hope this helps
That's great info, thank you!
  • Quick Links