Animation workshop - retargeting HDA missing

612   2   2
83 posts
I enjoyed the excellent Animation Workshop [www.sidefx.com]. In the last lesson though the title mentions "Build your own tools". But Warren just quickly says he build his own and doesn't share how he did that. The HDA is also not included in the project files nor in the hip-file. Also the network view of it is so small in the movie that the structure is not readable. This is very frustrating because the subject is very important to me. Therefore this lesson 15 seems more a show off then something we can learn from. Can the (structure of) the HDA also be shared, please?
Edited by mackerBaehr - Oct. 17, 2024 08:18:13
Staff
28 posts
Part 15 was actually only intended to show other possibilities you could do when using houdini, and not part of the animation workshop per se, as retargetting and pyro are sections unto themselves. The HDA I have setup for myself is very rough, and built only for my limited needs and uses, and as such, not ideal for a retargetting tutorial. It was more to demonstrate that you can build tools for yourself, specific to your needs, and use them when needed.

If you are interested in retargetting, a good place to start would be in the content library example :

https://www.sidefx.com/contentlibrary/kinefxapex-workflow/ [www.sidefx.com]
83 posts
Hi Warren, thank you for your answer. On my own I tried to navigate through options as well and came up with two flows, one for matching rigs but with different structures (say for the same char a pure FK or a full IK version) and one for non-matching rigs (different orientations of joints/controllers, for example). Since this is still a bit a black box I am very interested in other peoples setups, to compare mine with. And to hopefully get to a minimalistic flow as possible. I will have a close look at your mentioned contend library example.

Edited by mackerBaehr - Oct. 18, 2024 07:19:43

Attachments:
retB.png (1.2 MB)
retA.png (1.4 MB)

• Quick Links