Save used usd assets from library to current project

1075   2   2
219 posts
Hello,

Admit I have an asset library with all my source assets contained in the folder "D:\globalAssetLibrary"
With all usd and textures associated stored inside this folder.

Now I have a project located here "E:\project_A\myFirstLop_01.hiplc"
Is there a way to import all usd assets used with their externals files used (typically the textures) inside current project automatically ?

I would like to recreate the library hierarchy (only part used) inside current project for sending on rendering farm for example.

I hope it was clear enough
Thanks
Staff
4193 posts
There is not a way to do this currently, it's probably easiest to just copy the asset library into the project folder. H19.5 has a toggle that will copy external texture maps or other non-USD files, but we don't yet have a simple way to do what you're asking. USD has some functions in UsdUtils that can make these tasks, but pipelines generally handle this sort of dependency/insulation task. If you flatten a USD Stage to send to the farm, you are effectively locking everything into one file, but those files get super massive; stage flattening is rarely a good solution for submitting to a farm.
I'm o.d.d.
219 posts
@goldleaf, Thanks you for your quick response.
Ok so I'll copy for now my full library into each project, hope there is a day a one button solution for this !
  • Quick Links