ubuntu 13.10 Config Alt button for viewport

4263   3   2
30 posts
I've just installed ubuntu 13.10 (never used linux before) and Houdini 13.

I'm trying to make the alt button preform like the space bar for viewport navigation. I have found the check box under the main preferences and checked “Use Alt key for view controls”

I've installed Unity tweak tools and disabled “Invoke HUD” allocated to the alt key.

Under system settings I cant find any keyboard shortcuts assigned to the alt key.

What do I have to do in Unbuntu to stop it from calling the alt button when in Houdini?

Cheers
30 posts
Fount it

http://askubuntu.com/questions/67518/how-to-disable-window-move-with-alt-left-mouse-button [askubuntu.com]

I had to install ComplizConfig settings manager and disable initiate Window Move
1391 posts
If you wanna just change Alt key Behavior (Swap Win and Alt key) like windows , So you can change this Options :

Setting->Regional and Settings ->Layouts -> Options -> Alt/Win Key Behavior and select “Left Alt is Swapped with Left Win”

Of course I working with Mint now ,but I remember we have same option in the Ubuntu too.

I need to change this option for Maya and Houdini (Because Alt and Win key in the Ubuntu/Mint is swapped with Windows !)
https://www.youtube.com/c/sadjadrabiee [www.youtube.com]
Rabiee.Sadjad@Gmail.Com
3 posts
Sadjad Rabiee
If you wanna just change Alt key Behavior (Swap Win and Alt key) like windows , So you can change this Options :

Setting->Regional and Settings ->Layouts -> Options -> Alt/Win Key Behavior and select "Left Alt is Swapped with Left Win"

Of course I working with Mint now ,but I remember we have same option in the Ubuntu too.

I need to change this option for Maya and Houdini (Because Alt and Win key in the Ubuntu/Mint is swapped with Windows !)
cant find this location, can you help me. i on mint
  • Quick Links