H18 Circle union in forEach loop with feedback

1098   2   1
17 posts
Hey there,

I have a forEach loop that copies circles to points and combines them with the output of the previous iteration.
Unfortunately, I am stuck right now to make this work properly with flat “2D” cirlces.
When going through the iterations step by step the boolean always combines the current circle with the last circle but not with the supposedly combined output from the last iteration.
I attached a file showing the issue. Simply go through the max iterations and you'll see how only the last two circles get combined.
Iteration 4:

Iteration 5:

The same setup seems to work fine when connecting a sphere which let's me assume that the setup should be correct like this, right?
It's the first time that I use the fetch feedback workflow inside the loop, so maybe I still made a mistake somewhere.

In the end, I would like to find a way to generate something like this but with combined shapes so I could potentially subtract multiple of those shapes from each other.

If someone has a different approach altogether, I am all ears.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Edit: file reuploaded as it was the wrong one ^^

Take care and stay healthy!
Dziga
Edited by dzigakaiser - March 19, 2020 21:43:35

Attachments:
Capture2.JPG (60.7 KB)
Capture3.JPG (47.2 KB)
shape_union_v001_dzk.hiplc (161.6 KB)
Capture4.JPG (56.0 KB)

freelance matte painter & environment concept artist
8622 posts
they are unified, if you want to remove internal edges, append Divide SOP and check Remove Shared Edges
if all you want to do is union, you can just use Boolean on all your circles at once

Attachments:
shape_union_v001_dzk_fix.hiplc (165.1 KB)

Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
17 posts
Hey Tomas,

wow, that's perfect! Thank you so much for helping out again!
I went down the path of looping because I couldn't figure out unifying them all at once but now I see where the problem lied.

Have a great weekend!
Dziga
freelance matte painter & environment concept artist
  • Quick Links