Simple Rendering Question

956   3   2
124 posts
Hi,
When I render a sequence with Karma let's say 1920 x 1080 px and I tick on "Render all frames with a single process",
it saves out an USD file somewhere before it renders the images.
But why is it render out the USD File again, if I simply want to render double the resolution but all other parameters in the scene remain the same?
Can I avoid this somewhere?

It might be a very newbie question :-)

Thanks Tom
124 posts
Hi again:

Maybe someone can help me.

I have a scene in Houdini and like to render out with Karma XPU some different shots i.e. Frame 1 - 100, Frame 250 - 400 .....
Therefore I would like to use the TOPnet.

I have a working solution via ROP-Fetch, see attachement.
I just have a concern, if I tick "Render All Frames in a single Process" in the USD-Render ROP
Houdini will start to chache out the USD file first. Depending on the scene, this can take forever and
I have no information about the progress of caching, if it ever starts render images.

So what is a comfortable render solution with some visual feedback of progress and best performance?

Attachments:
01stage.jpg (120.6 KB)
02Top.jpg (63.7 KB)

7770 posts
tomtm
But why is it render out the USD File again, if I simply want to render double the resolution but all other parameters in the scene remain the same?

That information is stored in the file, so it written again it must be. Also, the previously used USD file was already deleted if the path wasn't changed from a non-temp one.
253 posts
You can add multiple render products so you can add all the resolutions you might need, then render one of those.

I'm not really familiar with the specifics but I've came across this somewhere.
More code, less clicks.
  • Quick Links